We can support balance this season by going with the natural desire to eat lighter foods and less quantity. Here are some other simple tips and easy recipes for summer.
Eating Tips for Summer:
- Substitute lime for lemon: lemon is too acidic and will increase heat in the body.
- Enjoy cool but not iced cold drinks: iced cold beverages constrict the digestive organs and take energy to heat up–energy that’s already less available this time of year.
- Eliminate garlic: too heating. Enjoy it again in the fall.
- Reduce fermented foods (kombucha, yogurt, sourkraut): The sour taste increases heat in the body, so decrease amounts and frequency while it’s hot out or eliminate it all together this season.
- Eat heartily from the local farmer’s markets.
- Handful of soaked nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans…soaked overnight, rinsed and added)
- A sprinkle of grated coconut
Summer Cooler–Pomegranate Spritzer:
- 3 oz Pomegranate juice
- 3 oz. of Sparkling Water
- Squeeze of Lime
Add all ingredients to your favorite wine glass or tumbler and enjoy!
Feeling out of balance and want some support to regain your footing? Let’s talk and see if an ayurvedic approach might be just what the doctor ordered. It would be my pleasure to speak with you, find out what’s troubling you, and see if I could be of service.
Enjoy the bounty of summertime wherever you are.